Thursday, October 27, 2011

MY 2011 BIRTH DAY

Almost not enough space for all the candles.


This October, the month I was born, I asked myself a lot of questions that I have never asked before. They are given below:

1. What age will be the best age to celebrate a birthday in a grandest way?
2. What is the best birthday present you have ever gotten?
3. What is the best birthday present you have ever given?
4. What is the best way to celebrate a birthday?
5. Why should you celebrate your birthday?
6. Shouldn't you feel sad on your birthday instead?


I am not going to attempt to answer the questions above. Those questions may apply to you also, therefore you might as well try to find answers for them.

On my birthday this year, as usual, I didn't take the day off, nor did I plan anything extravagant for the day. Still, this year I held a record of getting me the most numbers of birthday greetings from far, near and dear, ever. I have never gotten so much love, affection and good wishes for my birthday in my entire life. Many friends knew my birthday was coming up mainly through Facebook. I received many good wishes from many good friends. Thank you all.

I thought of giving my family and  myself a nice present on this special occasion. However it was really difficult to have a consensus as to what we should get. Therefore, my kids and I went to BEST BUY, the place where one can buy all kinds of modern electronics, tools and equipments. Apparently, this Best Buy store claimed themselves to be the world's largest electronic store. We went there a day before my birthday to see what would be suitable for us. We spent quite sometime debating what seemed to be the right buy for us. Finally, from among the variety of choices we had, we came up with an APPLE laptop, called the MacBook Pro. This was something all of us wanted to have and all of us believed we could equally share it. Besides, this was the newest model and it is really attractive to toy with.

                                               

Shopping at Best Buy with daughters


In the evening when my hard working day was over, I drove home anticipating what my wife would prepared for me. Would she prepared a surprise birthday party? Or would she just say, "I am busy, I have no time to do anything for you." As I was walking on the walkway towards the house, I knew that there was something going on inside. Even from outside, I could tell from the smell; my wife was busy cooking my favorite Mizo food, which include 'samtawk buh nena buhchiar' along with some beef, baked in the oven.

When I finally got inside,  there was no big surprise. Which was a huge surprise indeed!! However, as my lovely wife did her best in the kitchen, the food was finger-licking good. She also invited two of her friends to dine with us. I didn't know wether she wanted them to see my joyous moment on my birthday, or if she just wanted to show them how much she has improved in her cooking capability, I really won't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment