Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WHO'S NEXT? BASIL KHUMA

I have already posted in my Facebook, I feel I am not done yet. Because I am so proud of this BOY.

That day, May 23 2012 to be precise, like usual, I sauntered in Sports Authority store Rockville, MD probably the world's largest sports chain-store ever. I love spending some of my free time looking, feeling and donning some of the sports wear and some of the sports tools. Usually I go straight to the tennis section. This is where I usually spent half of my intended time. Looking and feeling different rackets, rummaging if there were some new good deals! I won't still buy one even if I found a very good deal as I already had more than I needed! Besides I have not gotten any rackets that would replace the one I am using now. Which fits me best than anything  else, no matter how hard I tried I have not had any other racket that make me feel proud as the one I am using now, Wilson K Blade Tour 93 with a grip of 4 1/4. This is the one Djokovic used to use before. The string pattern is 18X20 which is dense for the head size of 93; that makes good control.

Well back to that day.. I went in and went straight to the tennis section..there on the wall hung a lot of new rackets. I did not pay too much attention at first as I thought,

"Monfils changed his racket once again huh..."

"Well.." I thought,

"It's not exactly Monfils," I said to myself looking more closely at a rather-young face picture.

"It look familiar to me,  who..who is it? I knew it, I knew it.."

Then I said aloud!

"It's him...Khuma, a Mizo boy."

I quickly grabbed my cell phone and took the picture incessantly...

Prince EXO 3 Rebel 105 is Khuma's Racket

Look here he is posted along side Sharapova and Nadal..

Here's another Who's next boy name Yifan ( I don't know and I don't really care where he is from)
Now player can chose Nadal's, Federer's, Djokovic's or Khuma's anywhere in the world.

Next day I went to"Tennis Topia" an exclusive tennis store, there too they had his rackets on stock. I told the store owner that this boy was from my home town and he gasped!
I am so proud to have a Mizo boy having his own racket brand, under the caption of WHO'S NEXT- Basil; through formidable Prince, one of the largest racket companies in the world. Nobody knows how far he is going, but one thing is certain he has been going a very very long way.



7 comments:

  1. I've heard many good things about this boy. May he go far and make us proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...what a 'hnung lama sabarh' to have got comments from the two most prominent bloggers in the Mizo world! Thanks guys for entering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked to hear this amazing news... Its really really "Hnunglam Sabarh"... Go go go, Khuma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mumang te pawh a ang lek lek! Avan chhuanawm em.

    ReplyDelete