Wednesday, November 24, 2010

FUN @ IMAX Theater

Some two weeks ago, while driving a car I heard a radio talking about IMAX movie coming near our town. Everyone talking about Imax were excited and all said when it really came, they would definitely go see movie in IMAX theater. In Maryland side of Washington Metropolitan area, Silver Spring's Regal Majestic cinema is the only one which has an Imax theater. From that day, I too wanted to feel what they called 'Ultimate movie experience' really like for the first time.

                                         The Majestic, Downtown Silver Spring

On Nov 24 2010, at 6.30 pm, a night before thanksgiving; along with me were my two daughters, we went to see an Imax movie called Harry Potter and The Deadly Hallows.  The Majestic, a movie theater in Silver Spring is a megaplex which has 20 movie theaters, and offers state-of-the-art and innovative stadium seating, digitial surround, wall-to-wall screens and gourmet concessions.  This luxury theatres offer many amenities and first class services. 


We got there on time, alright;  I'd never wanted to be late for a movie. As there was no assigned seat for movie goers, we can sit wherever we want. I always want to sit in the best place where I feel really comfortable, toward the back if possible. As usual we bought some pop corns with butter topping, and soda. Took off my jacket and waited relaxingly for the movie to start. There's nothing to worry about as tomorrow is thanksgiving holiday. We can sleep in as long as we want.








Imax  is a motion picture film format and projection standard created by a Canadian. It has a capacity to record and display images far greater size and resolution than regular films. Therefore the pictures were so clear and real, and  are laser aligned digital sound. So crisp and so loud too.







After 2 hours the movie ended. My daughter Dini liked it for sure. As for me I don't know if I liked the movie or not, but I am glad that the $ 18 I spent for each ticket worth the fun and experience we just had. Besides, when my kids are happy nothing else matter really!

No comments:

Post a Comment